Method for mechanical seals in man-entry pipes
The epros® DrainME Sleeve method provides a mechanical internal sealing system that is successfully used all over the world.
Leaking joints, offsets or cracks in man-entry pipes with diameters between
DN 500 and DN 4000 can be permanently sealed with an ME sealing sleeve and retaining bands.
DRAIN Liner End Seal
Prevents infiltration between Liner and Host Pipe Covered under U.S. Patent No. 6,953,194 & 7,243,956 B2
The DRAIN Liner End Seal utilizes the patented Slotted Band® to provide
maximum sealing force with a minimum reduction in pipe diameter. This unique design captures the rubber and compresses it against the host pipe and new CIPP liner creating a permanent mechanical seal.
The patented Slotted Band is constructed from a single piece of Stainless Steel (EN 1.4307) precisely rolled to match the diameter of the CIPP liner. The unique shape of the Slotted Band provides the maximium amount of strength and sealing force with the least possible thickness.
The band is then expanded using a hydraulic expansion tool. As the band expands the integral latching mechanism progresses from slot to slot, positively locking on each one until the next one is reached. There is an audible click created by the spring/rubber interaction as the band is expanded into place.
- Manufactured from EPDM Rubber and Stainless Steel to withstand the harsh sanitary sewer environment.
- Complies with material property requirements of ASTM C923
- Quick and easy to install
- Eliminates Infiltration/Exfiltration between the Liner and Host Pipe
DRAIN Internal Joint Seal
Designed to restore joint integrity
Pipe and manhole joints generally experience higher ground water pressure than the grade adjustment area of a manhole. When infiltration occurs due to
deflection, offset or corrosion, the Internal Joint Seal is specifically designed to reestablish watertight conditions.
|Sealing Area “A” [mm]||Rec. Qty.||Seal Size [mm]||Sealing Area “B” [mm]|
|0 – 63||1||
|63 – 140||1||267||167|
|140 – 254||1
|254 – 330||1
|330 – 444||1
|444 – 521||1
Sealing Area A= The portion of the seal which covers the pipe or manhole defect
Sealing Area B= The complete width of the seal once installed (includes the band compression area)
- Can be used in concrete, HDPE and most other types of pipe
- Installs easily with torque wrench and socket
- Extension seals available to expand coverage area
- WedgeLock expansion bands create a watertight seal capable of withstanding 10m of external head pressure